1690 by the banker Giorgio Clerici and donate by the Princess Marianna
of Nassau , wife of Albert of Prussia, to her daughter Carlotta for her
wedding with Duke of Sassonia Meiningen.
Carlotta hosts very important works of art of Canova, Appiani,
Hayez and tapestries from Gobelins.
gardens with azaleas and rhododendrons.
OF SAN LORENZO
fine '800 è la chiesa parrocchiale, dedicata a San Lorenzo, in forme
eclettiche ispirate al Famedio del Cimitero Monumentale di Milano,
ideata dal milanese Alfonso Parrocchetti.
dell'architettura razionalista, protesa sul lago
Built at the beginning of the 18th century for the Del Carretto
Dukes, originally it only had the central building.
Later the two wings were added. The villa is surrounded by Italian
gardens. It now belongs to the Sola-Cabiati